How Camp Bow Wow Serves Dogs at Every Stage of Their Lives
Whether they’re old, young, big, or small, we love all dogs at Camp Bow Wow! That’s why it’s so important to us that your dog always has a place to play at Camp Bow Wow.
Keeping Dogs of All Ages Healthy and Safe
Young Pups (Those 4 months+)
- “Extra” exercise. Young dogs are notoriously rambunctious, which is why it’s so important for them to remain active for several hours a day. Not only does regular exercise keep them healthy and fit, but it also helps them to sleep through the night.
- An escape from boredom. Puppies are curious — if they find themselves with nothing to do throughout the day, they may start finding less-than-ideal ways to entertain themselves (i.e. chewing your slippers or stealing papers off your table).
- Socialization. Typically, the sooner you introduce your pup to other dogs and people, the more comfortable they’ll be around two and four-legged friends in the future.
- Obedience classes. Many Camps offer obedience classes. Offered in three levels, our reward-based obedience classes are designed to help both you and your four-legged family member learn at a progressive pace.
- Regular exercise. A common misconception about older dogs is that they want nothing more than to sit around and watch TV all day at home. However, we’ve found that that’s often not the case. While they may not require as much play time as a young pup, it’s still important that they exercise throughout the day.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Regular play is so important for older dogs looking to maintain a healthy weight as they age, since pet obesity has been known to exacerbate existing health conditions.
- Boost their happiness. Nothing excites an older dog quite like a room full of wet noses and exciting smells. Even if only once in a while, giving your pup something new to do can get their tail wagging.
- Continued training. Young pups aren’t the only ones who can benefit from learning new tricks. Training is just as important for dogs as they age, since it provides mental engagement to keep them sharp.
Because dogs are separated by both size and temperament, and supervised by our trained Counselors, Campers aged four months and up are encouraged to join in on the fun!
To receive your complimentary executive summary and learn more about franchise opportunities, fill out the form below or call us at (870) 600-2713. We’re looking forward to having you join the Camp Bow Wow family.