Please read the following to learn more about our data collection policies and practices:
- How information is collected.
- How we use the information we collect.
- With whom the information may be shared.
- The choices you have about the collection and use of your information.
- The security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information.
- Links to other Websites.
- International Users.
- Limitation of Liability.
Correcting and updating personal information.
Information collected from children under age 13.
TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED.
The Personal Information collected will vary depending on the nature of your interactions with our Digital Services and your specific requests, but it may include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or other information that can be used to identify you personally. If you are applying to become a Franchisee, we will need to collect significantly more detailed information from you, including financial information.
We and our Franchisees do not have access to financial account data in unencrypted form through our Digital Services. Rather, we use third party service providers to process all payment transactions for our Digital Services (whether the payment is by credit card, PayPal, or otherwise). Although these third-party processors will notify us if your payment has cleared, and may submit some of your Personal Information to us, they will not provide your credit card or other payment account information to us, and the third party will be solely responsible for any issues that may arise with your payment transaction.
If you provide Personal Information through our Digital Services, a profile will be created for you (and your dog, if applicable) in our database. If a profile is created, we may combine information we or our Franchisees receive from you or about you from various sources (including your transactions at our Franchisee camp locations, online or offline) in your profile.
When you use our App, the App may collect Personal Information you choose to provide, in order for us to provide other services to you. If you complete a doggie daycare reservation or request for services using the App, our Franchisees may collect your name, email address, phone number, and other information, and we will have access to such Personal Information within our shared database.
If you apply for a job with Camp Bow Wow or one of the Franchisees, you may provide us or the Franchisee with Personal Information such as your name, address, email, phone number, background, criminal record, or other information. Any information provided in a job application will be managed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
HOW IS INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Information may be collected in several different ways through our Digital Services, including but not limited to those described below:
Information You Voluntarily Provide
In most cases we will only obtain Personal Information through our Digital Services if you voluntarily provide it to us, for example, if you create an account with one of our camp locations, subscribe to our emails, enter a promotion, or request information from us or a Franchisee. We also automatically collect certain anonymous information, such as your browser settings and click-stream data, when you use our Digital Services. In some cases, we may combine Personal Information with anonymous data in order to create aggregate information about groups of individuals who use our Digital Services.
IP Addresses and Click-stream Data
We may collect IP addresses, click-stream data, length of session, and other information related to your use of our Digital Services for purposes of system administration, to improve the Digital Services, to report aggregate information to potential business partners or sponsors, and for other internal uses related to the Digital Services. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. When you request pages from the Site, our computers log your IP address. Click-stream data is information collected when you visit different pages on our Digital Services. Click-stream data may include information such as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser, the preceding page view, and other non-personal information. This data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the Digital Services, what type of content is most popular, and other information about usage of our Digital Services.
Information about Third-Party Cookies
In addition to the cookies CBW delivers to your computer or mobile device through this Site, certain third parties may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Sites. To learn more about Google Analytics, click here.
Other third parties may deliver cookies to your computer or mobile device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors across non-affiliated websites and delivering targeted advertisements either on this Site or on other websites.
You have choices about the collection of information by third parties on our Sites. For example, if you don’t want information about your visit to this Site sent to Google Analytics, you may download an Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. Please note that the Add-on does not prevent information from being sent to CBW. In addition, if you would like to opt out of having participating entities collect your online behavior for advertising purposes when you are browsing our websites, click here for a “Website Opt Out.” You will be directed to an industry-developed website that allows you to choose whether each listed entity may collect and use data for interest-based advertising purposes. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on this Site do not participate in the Website Opt Out, in which case the best way to avoid third party tracking of your online behaviors may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies.
The Website Opt Out described above works only on websites. To opt out of having participating entities track your behaviors for advertising purposes when you are using our mobile apps, download and use the Digital Advertising Alliance’s “App Choices” app. As with the Website Opt Out, the “Mobile App Opt Out” prevents tracking only by participating entities.
Please note that the Website Opt Out and Mobile App Opt Out are device specific. If you wish to opt-out from having interest-based information collected by participating entities across all devices, you need take the steps outlined above from each device.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We internally use information about our visitors and customers to improve our service offerings, for our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze Digital Service usage, to improve our content and service offerings, and to customize the content and layout of the Digital Services. We believe these uses allow us to improve the Digital Services and provide better service to our customers. We or our Franchisees may use your email address and mailing address or phone number, to contact you regarding a reservation or inquiry you have made using our Digital Services, regarding issues with a transaction, satisfaction with the Digital Services and/or our products and services and to provide further information regarding additional events, products and/or services we believe would interest the customer. We may use information in the file we maintain about a customer to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
TO WHOM MAY THE INFORMATION BE DISCLOSED?
Information we collect may be disclosed to a variety of parties, depending upon the purpose for which the information was provided. In addition, in many circumstances you may provide Personal Information directly to third parties (such as the Franchisees or third-party service providers who process payment transactions on our behalf), which may share certain information with us. In order to process your requests, we may also provide your Personal Information to service providers or other companies who work on our behalf in order, for example, to process a payment transaction you have initiated.
We may access or use your information, and we may share such information with our current or future affiliated and related companies, Franchisees, or carefully selected third parties, to provide you with offers, information, promotions or marketing communications in which we think you may be interested. You may opt-out of having your information shared or used for marketing purposes by following the instructions below under “What choices do I have about my information?”
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE ABOUT MY INFORMATION?
At any time, you may opt-out of having your Information provided to third parties (other than Franchisees) for marketing or other commercial purposes, and opt-out of other communications from us. You can unsubscribe from email newsletters or similar communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in every email. You may opt-out of all Personal Information sharing with third parties for marketing purposes by emailing us at email@example.com or by sending a letter to us at the address below. If you wish to opt-out of communications from a specific camp location, please contact that location/Franchisee directly via the email links or other contact information on that location’s specific Site. Please note that we do not currently have a centralized opt-out mechanism applicable to all of our Franchisees and our various businesses, services and locations, so you will need to contact specific Franchisees directly.
To obtain a list of the Personal Information that Camp Bow Wow holds about you, or for residents of California (as required by California law) to receive a list of the names and addresses of all third parties that received your Personal Information from Camp Bow Wow for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, please send a written request for this information, including your name, address, email address and phone number, with your signature, to us at the address below.
WHAT SECURITY PRECAUTIONS ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT AGAINST THE LOSS, MISUSE, OR ALTERATION OF YOUR INFORMATION?
We have implemented reasonable security measures to safeguard the Personal Information you provide us. However, please keep in mind that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, and accordingly we cannot provide any guarantee that your information will remain secure.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
By providing us with any Personal Information you expressly and unconditionally release and hold harmless Camp Bow Wow, the Franchisees, and its or their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and their respective shareholders, owners, members, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected Personal Information. In addition, while we take reasonable steps to prevent third party companies from making unauthorized use of your Personal Information, we cannot be held be held liable for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse thereof by those third parties.
CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION.
You may correct, update or remove the Personal Information you have provided to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us by mail at the address below:
Children UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN.
We are proud of this Site and we strive to ensure that it doesn’t offend people of any age. However, this Site is not intended for children or minors under the age of thirteen years without the permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child has submitted personal information on or through this Site without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us using the information provided below so that we can take appropriate action.
Mail: Camp Bow Wow Franchising, Inc.
Attn: Legal 7577 W. 103rd Ave. Suite 209
Westminster, CO 80021
Phone: 877-700-BARK (2275)
Last Revised on: 01/01/2020
Definitions Specific to this Policy
- “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal Information does not include publicly available information obtained from government records; deidentified or aggregated consumer information that cannot be reconstructed to identify you; any information covered under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act or the California Financial Information Privacy Act, activities covered by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, or protected health information as defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- “Sale” or “Sell” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s Personal Information by the business to another business or a Third Party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
- “Service Provider” means a sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, association, or other legal entity that is organized or operated for the profit or financial benefit of its shareholders or other owners, that processes information on behalf of a business and to which the business discloses a consumer’s Personal Information for a business purpose pursuant to a written contract.
- “Third Party” means a person or entity who is not a business that collects Personal Information from consumers, as defined in the CCPA, and to whom the business discloses a consumer’s Personal Information for a business purpose pursuant to a written contract.
The Personal Information We Collect and Disclose
The chart below shows the categories of Personal Information we collect or “may collect”; examples of the type of Personal Information in each category; all types of sources from which each category of Personal Information is collected; the business purpose(s) for which that category of Personal Information is collected; and all types of Third Parties with whom that category of Personal Information is shared. As this chart shows, we disclose certain Personal Information to Third Parties for a business purpose. We do not Sell Personal Information to Third Parties. This information covers the past 12 months.
Types of Sources from which this Category of Personal Information is Collected
Business Purpose(s) for Collection
Types of Third Parties with whom this Information is Disclosed
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
Directly from you, for example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase; and, indirectly from you, for example, from observing your actions on our website and mobile app(s).
To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information;
To provide, support, personalize, and develop our products and services;
To process your requests, purchases, and transactions;
To provide you with support and response to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
To personalize your Website or mobile app experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party sites, and via email or text (with your consent where required by law);
To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, mobile apps, products, services, databases, or other technology assets, and business;
For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, mobile apps, products, and services;
As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
Our Service Providers, who use the information to help us provide services to you and to serve the business purpose(s) for which the information was collected;
Our franchisees, who use the information to provide services to you and to serve the business purpose(s) for which the information was collected;
Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or services we provide to you; and,
With law enforcement, as necessary, to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Directly from you, for example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Directly from you, for example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase; and, indirectly from you, for example, from observing your actions on our website and mobile app(s).
Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
Indirectly from you, for example, from observing your actions on our website and mobile app(s).
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Directly from you, for example, from photo submissions in contests, photos you tag on social media, or your participation in our promotional events.
Inferences drawn from other Personal Information
Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Directly from you, for example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase; and, indirectly from you, for example, from observing your actions on our website, mobile app(s), and advertisements, and your participation in our contests, actions on our social media pages, and interactions with Camp staff.
We will not collect a category of Personal Information not listed above, or use any Personal Information collected in any of the above categories for a business purpose not listed above, without first providing you with notice.
You have the right to request certain information regarding the Personal Information we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months. You may make such a request up to twice in a 12-month span. Please note that there are circumstances in which we may not be able to comply with your request pursuant to the CCPA, including when we cannot verify your request and/or when there is a conflict with our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you following submission of your request if this is the case.
- If you would like to request (1) the categories of Personal Information collected about you; (2) the categories of sources providing that Personal Information; (3) the categories of Third Parties with whom we have shared that Personal Information; and (4) the business purpose for collecting that Personal Information, click here or call 1-877-700-2275. The link will take you to an interactive webform that you can complete and submit to make a request for information that we will then verify; if you use the telephone number, you will be guided through a process that will allow you to submit a verifiable request.
- If you would like to request the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you, click here or call 1-877-700-2275. The link will take you to an interactive webform that you can complete and submit to make a request for information that we will then verify; if you use the telephone number, you will be guided through a process that will allow you to submit a verifiable request
- If you would like to request (1) the categories of Personal Information collected about you; and, (2) the categories of Personal Information that were disclosed for a business purpose, click here or call 1-877-700-2275. The link will take you to an interactive webform that you can complete and submit to make a request for information that we will then verify; if you use the telephone number, you will be guided through a process that will allow you to submit a verifiable request.
You also have the right to request that we delete certain Personal Information that we have collected. Please note that there are circumstances in which we may not be able to comply with your request pursuant to the CCPA, including when we cannot verify your request and/or when there is a conflict with our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you following submission of your request if this is the case.
- If you would like to request that we delete your Personal Information pursuant to the requirements of the CCPA, click here or call 1-877-700-2275. The link will take you to an interactive webform that you can complete and submit to make a request for deletion that we will then verify; if you use the telephone number, you will be guided through a process that will allow you to submit a verifiable request.
You also have the right to request that we do not Sell Personal Information that we have collected. If you exercise that right, please note that pursuant to the CCPA we may have to subsequently inform you that you need to opt-in if the Sale of your Personal Information is required to complete a transaction you have initiated. If opting-in is required, we will provide you with the necessary instructions.
- If you would like to request that we do not Sell your Personal Information pursuant to the requirements of the CCPA, click here or call 1-877-700-2275. The link will take you to an interactive webform that you can complete and submit to make a request for deletion; if you use the telephone number, you will be guided through a process that will allow you to submit a request.
- If you use an authorized agent to submit your request to opt-out, we will request that the agent provide us with proof that he, she, or it has been authorized by you to act on your behalf. The CCPA requires you to provide the authorized agent written permission to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If you opt-out of the Sale of your Personal Information, we will wait at least 12 months before asking you if we may Sell your Personal Information.
You have the right to opt-in to the Sale of your Personal Information after you have opted out. Opting-in is a two-step process in which you will first clearly request to opt-in, and then separately confirm that choice.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. Verifiable consumer requests must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative; and,
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We reserve the right to ask for additional verification information if we believe it’s necessary to verify your identity. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Financial Incentives and Non-Discrimination
However, we may provide financial incentives to consumers who allow us to retain and disclose their Personal Information. These incentives may include payments to consumers, a lower price for goods or services, and/or a higher level of goods or services.
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf.
Pursuant to the CCPA:
- Only a business entity or natural person registered with the California Secretary of State may act as an authorized agent.
- You must provide the authorized agent written permission to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf.
- We may deny a request from an authorized agent on your behalf if the authorized agent does not submit proof that he, she, or it has been authorized by you to act on your behalf if we request such proof, as permitted by the CCPA.
- Even if you use an authorized agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf, pursuant to the CCPA we may still require that you verify your own identity directly to us. This provision does not apply if you have provided with a power of attorney under California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
Additional California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our web site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to other parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Shine the Light Request.”