Since January is National Soup Month, we'd thought it would be fun to share a chicken noodle soup recipe that is dog approved. We love to cozy up during the winter days with a good bowl of soup so why not share that nice experience with your furry best friend? We based out recipe off of this one here but we made some minor tweaks to it as well as provided alternatives should you want to try them. We hope you and your pup enjoy!
- 3 carrots
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 sweet potato
- handful of raw green beans
- 1 cup of water
- unseasoned cooked chicken
- alternative ingredients to use: yellow potato, cooked and peeled peas, and cooked spinach
- ingredients to avoid: mushroom, onion, garlic, chicken bones and excess salt
1. Cook the chicken (no seasonings!) anyway you want (i.e. slow cooker)
2. Chop vegetables and place in pot
3. Cover vegetables with water (about 1 cup but add more if needed) and let simmer on low for 1 hour
4. Once chicken is cooked, skim fat off of the broth and take .5 cup as your bone broth and add to veggie pot
5. Shred chicken and add to soup
6. Let cool and you're done!
We also add this as a food topper as extra goodness for our dogs. This soup can be stored in fridge or you can freeze it in small containers for later use.