Is It Okay To Let Spot On The Bed?
Pet parents are always asking whether or not they should let their furry friend sleep on the bed. The answer? According to Heather Woodruff and Jaclyn Martini of Camp Bow Wow St. Clair Shores, “It’s each pet owners choice. It depends how it works for you and your family.”
The dog-loving duo recently visited WXYZ-TV Detroit, with cute Camper, Riley, to discuss some of the pros and cons of letting Spot sleep on the bed. Here’s what they had to say:
- Nothing beats snuggle-time for you or your pet.
- You and your dog will both feel comfortable and secure when cuddling.
- Since dogs run about 3-to-6 degrees warmer than humans, snuggling can prove beneficial on cold winter nights.
- Resting with your pet can help you relax.
- Similarly, it can also help Spot relax and can curb restlessness and barking.
- Depending on a dog’s size, things can get overcrowded with Spot sleeping on the bed.
- Dog hair gets everywhere, and your blankets and sheets are no exception.
- You’ll need to be prepared for possible “accidents” on the bed.
- Keep in mind that small dogs can get rolled on in the bed, which can be dangerous.
- If a dog is old or injured, he may have trouble getting on and off the bed.
All in all, “If you’ve got the space for your dog on the bed then you are going to be able to comfortably stay there with them all night,” said Heather. “The main thing, too, is not to worry. If they’re not comfortable most dogs will get down.”
Our Camp owners get to spend every day snuggling with so many loving and affectionate fur-pals! If you’re interested in learning more about what it takes to join the Camp Bow Wow Pack and invest in a bright future and a doggone good time, dial (870) 600-2713 or contact us online to request your free executive summary.