Summer Supply List for Dogs
Memorial Day Weekend unofficially kicked off summer - are you ready for a season of fun in the sun with your pup? Check out our summer essentials list to make sure you're prepared.
- Travel water bowl (with lots of water on hand at all times!)
- Pup pool or sprinkler to turn your backyard into a water park
- Safety restraint for summer road trips
- Canine life vest for boat days, ocean swims and more
- Proper fencing in your yard such as secured gates and fences around in-ground pools
- Ingredients for these tasty summer treats
- Sun protection dog shirt or pet-friendly sunscreen, especially for the nose and ears and dogs with short or light hair.
- Tick and heartworm prevention - chat with your vet about what your dog needs
- Poop bags for outdoor adventures
- Basic pet first aid kit *just in case*
- Thundershirt to keep them calm during summer thunderstorms
- Booties for rough terrain or if your dog is particularly sensitive to warm pavement
- Shaded area if your dog spends time outside
- Travel towel to clean up from swims or romps in the mud
- Cooling shirt, vest or mat to beat the heat
- Floating dog toys for water fun
Remember, no matter what activities you and your pup enjoy this summer, it's never safe to leave a dog alone in a car. It only takes a few minutes for the inside of a car to reach dangerous temperatures.