Thinking of Adopting a Dog During the Holidays? These are the Many Pros (and a few Cons)
If you’ve been thinking about adding a dog to the family for a while, the holiday season may be just the right time. In fact, more families welcome a new pet during the holiday season than any other time of the year.
That being said, it’s important to know the pros and cons of making such an important decision.
Adopting a Dog This Holiday Season
- Time off from work. The holiday season offers people days, if not weeks, of time off from work. This gives new pet parents the chance to spend a few days bonding and training their newest addition to the family.
- Adopting a dog teaches children responsibility. A puppy jumping out of a brightly wrapped gift box is nearly every little kid’s dream on Christmas morning. But dogs bring so much more than just joy — pets teach children responsibility, trust, compassion, respect and patience.
- Adopting a pet saves a life. No matter the time of year, adoption may be just what saves their life and gives them a happy fur-ever home.
- The holidays can be stressful. Especially if you have little ones or you’re hosting, the holidays are a hectic time for many families. Welcoming a dog into your home right now may be too much for some people to handle.
- Holiday travel. Even if you’ll only be gone for a day or two, holiday travel may take up valuable time you have to train and bond with your new pup.
- Puppies shouldn’t be a surprise to the family. It’s important to remember that your new dog will be around long after the tree is taken down and the presents are unwrapped. Adopting a dog is a serious commitment and one that shouldn’t be taken lightly. The ASPCA strongly advises people not to surprise their friends and family with a dog. Instead, gift them with the cost of the adoption fee (if there is one), food, or toys and let them be the one to find a dog they’ll love forever.
Are you looking to be a part of a low-risk, high-growth industry with high rates of repeat customers and a business model that ramps up quickly? If so, we think it’s time you joined the Pack!
To receive your complimentary executive summary and learn more about franchise opportunities, fill out the form below or call us at (870) 600-2713. We’re looking forward to having you join the Camp Bow Wow family.