6 Characteristics of an Ideal Franchise Owner
Drive, dedication and a strong will to succeed are the first characteristics you think of when you envision an effective business owner — but they shouldn’t be the only ones. When it comes to owning a franchise, especially one like Camp Bow Wow, there are plenty of other pieces to the puzzle. If you’re considering setting up Camp in one of our available markets, here are a few characteristics we feel the ideal franchise owner should possess.
1. Confidence. As a franchise owner, you’re the one that folks look to for guidance and reassurance — be it members of your team or pet parents themselves. Be confident when making decisions and stick to them. That confidence will, in turn, give others confidence in you as a leader and your business as a whole.
2. Patience. As they say, Rome wasn’t built in a day! Building a new business takes time, so having a calm disposition and a level-head can go a long way.
3. Communication. As a franchise owner, you’ll be doing a whole lot of communicating — from speaking with the leadership team during startup to directing your new staff and meeting new pups and pet parents. It’s important for a franchise owner to be a great communicator to keep everyone on the same page from the start.
4. Motivation. In order to get your new franchise off the ground, you must be able to motivate both yourself and others in a positive way. Understand the power of cheering others on and recognizing their achievements, as well as your own, in the process.
5. Resilience. Be optimistic and stand firm. Owning your own business is no walk in the park, but with the right set of tools (provided to you by all of us here at Camp Bow Wow), and the right attitude, you can set out to achieve greatness. In other words, don’t let speed bumps slow you down!
6. Passion. How could we leave this one off the list? We’re a franchise built for the dogs, by the very dog-lovers who care about them. So, by association, our franchise owners and each member of their staff must be passionate about their business and their love for dogs, too!
Think you’re the right franchise owner for the job? If so, Camp Bow Wow wants you! Fill out the form below or call us at (870) 600-2713 to receive your complimentary executive summary and learn more about our franchise opportunities. We look forward to having you join the Camp Bow Wow Pack soon!