Happy (almost) howl-idays! Here at Camp Bow Wow headquarters, we’re just wagging our tails with excitement thinking about all the sweet treats and holiday cheer ahead. But that’s not all we’re anxiously awaiting! With so many pet parents taking time off to travel, the holiday season is one of the busiest times of year for our Camps. That means it’s time for franchisees to start shifting their management style to be more mindful of the holiday havoc ahead. Here’s what we suggest:
- Have schedules clearly posted. Your employees are going to want some time to spend with their family for the holiday. That means there are going to be a lot of special requests coming your way. To make it easier for everyone, make sure both the vacation calendar and work calendar are visible for all to see, so they can be mindful when requesting off.
- Put extra paws on deck. If your budget allows, it doesn’t hurt to hire a few extra hands. There are plenty of people out there hunting for seasonal work right now. We’re willing to bet that some of them are dog lovers, too!
- Let’s get festive! Is it really the holidays without decorations? Spruce up your Camp with a Christmas tree and some simple LED lights. Just make sure any decorations you put up are either pet-safe or way out of Fido’s reach.
- Get the incentives going. The holidays are stressful, but having incentives to work towards can make things a little easier for your employees. If it’s within your budget, cater in breakfast or lunch on some of your busier days. You may even want to offer time-off incentives for anyone who waits until after the holiday rush to plan a vacation. Reward systems work to keep everyone energized and motivated.
- Throw a howl-iday celebration! Your Camp Counselors are going to be working hard this season — there’s no doubt about it. Show them how much you value their efforts with a good, old-fashioned holiday party and gift exchange. We suggest hosting it after the holidays so everyone is able to relax and enjoy!
At Camp Bow Wow, we consider every single employee to be a member of the Pack. That means we treat them like family, especially during the holidays! If you’re ready to join the Pack and set up a Camp of your own, there’s no better time to do so than now.
Mark your territory in one of our available markets today! Reach out at (870) 600-2713 for more information or request a free executive summary below for more information.