Delaware North Reservations
DAY CAMP NOTES
- Please make sure your Camper(s) wear quick release (pinch to open) collars and name tags to Camp. We have very good quality, reasonably priced quick release collars for sale in the lobby and we'll put a name tag on it for free.
- At this time, we require reservations for Friday Day Care done via the app or website. We will lift this policy as soon as it is feasible to do so. We cannot take Day Care reservations via the phone or in person. To be fair to all, we can only accept reservations two weeks out and any subsequent reservation will be canceled if there is a no show. We do not take Day reservations for other days of the week.
- Safety is our top priority. If we are at capacity we will make a post on our Facebook page and not be able to take in more day Campers.
- A high level of activity may increase the probability of bloat. For the safety of your Camper, we do not serve lunches to dogs over 6 months old unless there is a medical reason to do so.
- If you'd like your Day Camper to have a nap please ask, we will do so if there is a cabin available. During the summer and holidays, we may not have open cabins for naps.
- All Campers must be on a topical or monthly oral flea/tick preventative. Flea collars are not allowed because (1) dogs mouth other dog's collars and we don't want dogs ingesting anything from a flea collar and (2) they cannot be released quicky if a dog gets caught in another's flea collar. If dogs come with flea collars we will put them with leashes until pick up time.
- All pricing and policies are subject to change without notice.
- We offer Day Camping all days except for 7 major holidays. Major holidays are: New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- On major holidays New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day we are open split hours: 7:30-10:30 am and 3:30- 6:15 pm
- On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve we close at 6:45 (1 hour early)
- On 7/4 (when that date isn’t the legal holiday) and Labor Day we are open 7:30 am - 6:15 pm.
Packages and Monthly Memberships
- No package refunds after 30 days from date of purchase.
- For daycare package refunds within 30 days, day care days used will be charged at a full or half-day rate.
- Day Care packages expire one (1) year from purchase date any days not used will be forfeited.
- Memberships expire at the end of each month.
- All pricing and policies are subject to change without notice.
- Reservations are required for overnight Camping. Please request reservations on-line via the website campbowwow.com/delaware-north or the App. We will e-mail you a confirmation. We do our best to accommodate late reservations, but please do not expect it.
- Safety and Camper happiness are our first priority and we know owners share these values. Most Campers are a LOT more comfortable if they are in Camp play yards at least twice before spending the night. We require the free interview day and at least one additional half day before an overnight. Owners may use one of the discounted days in one of the Warm-up Packages. We promise your Camper will be happier & less stressed once they acclimate to Camp and you will be more at ease knowing they are more comfortable.
- We will not take reservations for ANY service if Camper vaccinations are not current unless the request is for holiday boarding (see below). Please email a photo or forward an updated vet vaccination statement to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will enter the updates for you. These emails will be read and responded to daily.
- We encourage people to make boarding reservations via the website or app as far in advance as possible. Please do not call for boarding reservations. We send email confirmations for app and website requests. Requests are entered manually and usually responded to within 24 hours. We will call people on the wait list when we have cancellations.
- If reservations are made and not cancelled 48 hours (two days before drop off) owners will be charged for one night. It this happens a second time, the owner will be charged the greater of one night or 50% of the entire reservation.
- All boarders must be dropped off at least 3 hours before close. We want to give Campers some time to play and get their cabins and meals all set up.
- Please bring ONLY amount of food needed for your Camper’s stay. We do not have space to keep large bags or food bins. We need to require owners to take excess food and bins with them. We do appreciate owners that pre-bag each meal.
- Bedding must fit on a 3.5 by 2.5 foot cot. Cots are provided for each Camper and Camper cot mats are free if requested. Owners will be required to take larger bedding with them if brought to Camp; we have no place to store it.
- We will enter a reservation for holiday boarding for active Campers even if vaccinations are to expire before holiday periods. Boarding and vaccination reminders are automatically generated from an email service. We realize some systems block these emails and we can’t control what gets to your inbox. We will cancel ALL boarding reservations a week before they are to start if we don’t get an email with updated vet vaccination statement. Holiday periods are the Friday prior to Thanksgiving through the Sunday after and 12/18 – 1/1.
two-night minimum is required on five major holidays:
- Easter weekend (Friday and Saturday nights)
- Memorial Day weekend (Fri., Sat., and Sun. nights)
- July 3-5
- Thanksgiving (the night before Thanksgiving through the following Saturday morning)
- 12/23-26 (from two nights preceding Christmas Day and including the night of Dec. 26.)
If only a single night is desired during these times the two night minimum
charge will be applied for the single night. We also have in-home care
services available on these dates for those not needing two nights.
Hours on New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day are 7:30-10:30 am and 3:30-6:30 pm. We are closed in the middle of the day on these dates so our team may have some family time on major holidays.
- Those of us that have multiple dogs agree, most Campers that live together are happiest when they share Cabins to rest. However, sharing a Cabin is different than sharing a home. All owners of multiple dogs that want the dogs to share a cabin will need to sign a form acknowledging the information below.
We will not allow Cabin sharing if:
- There is any type of hostility between the dogs. This includes meal time tension.
- The dogs do not continuously reside at the same address.
Some Campers eat different foods. When Campers eat in the same Cabin, we
put the dogs in the Cabin and set correct food bowl in front of each.
This is fine for many, but if the dogs have different diets they may switch
bowls. Sudden changes in diet can attribute to bloat and loose stools.
If you think the dogs will switch bowls, we suggest:
- A Meal Companion (we will offer a reduced rate of $5/meal for this situation) to be with them for meals or
- Separate Cabins for eating (the multiple dog boarding discount will not apply).
Note: We do NOT put meds in the bowls and assume the right dog gets the meds.
- Some dogs eat at different rates. Sometimes we see one dog eat fast then go for the other’s bowl. This is a concern for us because overconsumption may lead to bloat (a VERY serious and life threatening condition) and loose stools and under-consumption isn’t good for the other dog.
- Sudden changes in a dog’s food usually cause loose stools – dogs don’t complain, but this may be uncomfortable. Since we want dogs to feel good and have fun, we charge $2 per night for house meals.
We will do all we can to keep your dog safe and happy – please let
us know if any special requests. In case something should happen, please
make sure we have the name(s) and number(s) for people that
- may be contacted for care of your dog(s) in case of emergency and
- will be in the area when you are away.
- Please let us know if you’d like to add Enrichment sessions for your pup. See next page.
Things to bring:
- Dog Food. See above. We measure each meal.
- Medications. Please bring meds in original bottles. We do not charge for dispensing meds.
- We have cots & fuzzy blankets, but you may bring a dog bed, blanket or towel if you like.
- Owners are required to provide a quick release collar and a name-tag. We have collars & tags for sale at reasonable prices for customer convenience.