Delaware North Dog Day Care
Seize the Play® at Camp!
Is your pup stressed out from being left at home alone all day? Maybe bored enough to eat the couch, your favorite shoes or the dining room table? Camp Bow Wow Delaware - North Day Camp, a premier dog day care service, is a dog gone fun way to give your pup exercise, mental stimulation and socialization with both dogs and people. Your pup will ‘dig’ our climate-controlled indoor play yards, and they can also get some fresh air and have fun in our large outdoor play yards.
Care You Can Count On
A happy, healthy, and safe dog is our top priority at Camp Bow Wow. You can be confident knowing your dog will be well-cared for while they run, jump, and romp around in our play yards.
Some of the safety standards we adhere to include:
- Certified Camp Counselors® who are extensively trained in dog behavior, pet CPR, and pet first aid
- Assurance that all our Campers have passed the Camper Interview, are spayed or neutered, and are current on vaccinations. Learn about our Bordetella policy
- Live web cams that allow you to check in on your pup on your computer or mobile device
BENEFITS OF CAMP
It’s no mystery that dogs love Day Camp at Camp Bow Wow Delaware - North – you can tell by the way they whine and bark with excitement at the mention of C-A-M-P and the way they pull their parents from the parking lot through the front door because they can’t wait to romp and play with their fur-iends. Parents love Camp Bow Wow too; they know while they are busy at work or away for the day, their furry kid is happier and healthier because of the many benefits of Camp:
- Provides regular exercise to maintain a healthy weight
- Relieves boredom, separation anxiety, and destructive behavior at home
- Improves socialization with dogs and people
- Increases overall happiness
Our Enrichment Model
Dogs need physical, mental and emotional stimulation in order to live a happy and healthy life. While your pup is at Camp, they’ll experience all-day play that emphasizes enrichment. Daily sensory stimulation during group play improves the physical and mental well-being of Campers by:
- Stimulating natural instincts
- Providing a mental workout in addition to physical exercise
- Creating a well-rounded experience
Playtime Plus - Personalized Care for Your Pup
We know dogs. And we know some dogs thrive in a more intimate play setting, with more personalized TLC and more rest time in between play. Our Playtime Plus day care is perfect for all pups, but especially pups who may need a little more. Your Camper will enjoy a day of day care with a maximum of 8 dogs in a play group, which means personalized focus from Camp Counselors and plenty of time to rest and recharge between play. Space is limited for this service – book your spot in advance and treat your pup to a day designed just for them. Learn more about how Playtime Plus compares to our All-Day Play day care!
We Do Not Require Reservations For Day Care At This Time
SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
We’ll do everything we can to ensure your dog is happy and healthy at Camp and you can feel confident knowing your dog will be well-cared for while they play all day in our safe and secure environment.
Each Camper is required to:
- Pass a socialization interview,
- Be spayed or neutered if over 6 months old, and
Be current on rabies, distemper and bordetella vaccinations. If the bordetella
vaccination has never been given or has expired a waiting period is needed
so dogs can build immunity before coming to Camp. The waiting periods are:
- one-week period after receiving the injectable or oral vaccination
- 48-hours is required after receiving the intranasal vaccination
We STRONGLY recommend the Canine Influenza Vaccine and
require it for Campers coming to our Camp from over 50 miles away.
- Canine Influenza is serious and can make dogs very ill.
- Please consult with your vet or visit the American Veterinary Medical Association CIV FAQ site. The vaccine is offered for $30/dose at our monthly vaccine clinics.
- Be on a monthly flea and tick medication. Since flea/tick collars cannot be removed quickly in case of emergency, they are not allowed to be worn at Camp. If you use a flea/tick collar it will be kept with your dog's leash while the dog is at Camp.
- Come into camp wearing wear a Quick Release collar (pinch to open) and a name tag. We sell quick release collars and name tags at low prices for owner convenience.
- New dogs coming to our Camp must be owned at least 10 days by the person bringing them to Camp. We want the best for each dog. Dogs must feel loved and settled into their new homes. Transitions are very disruptive for dogs and we don’t want Camp to be overwhelming. We offer in-home pet care and dog walking to help you care for your new dog until they may come to Camp.
- We offer Day Camping all days except for 7 major holidays. Major holidays are: New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Due to COVID-19, we have suspended Sunday daycare until further notice.
Due to the number of overnight Campers near major holidays, we are no longer
able to offer 1/2-day day care on:
Good Friday - Easter Sunday
The day before Thanksgiving through the following Sunday
Christmas Eve through the day after Christmas
We will close one hour early (7pm) on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.