Delaware North Overnight Dog Boarding Services
Enjoy Peace of Mind While You’re on the Go
At Camp Bow Wow Delaware North, a premier dog boarding facility, Overnight Campers enjoy all-day play and are tucked away each night in their individual Cabins where they sleep on cozy cots with fleece blankets. As the sun sets, each Camper unwinds by enjoying a delicious Campfire TreatTM.
Safety is Our Top Priority
We’re proud to be recognized for our incredibly high safety standards as well as for our:
- Certified Camp Counselors® who are extensively trained in dog behavior, CPR, and pet first aid
- Assurance that all our Campers have passed the Camper Interview, are spayed or neutered, and are current on vaccinations. Learn about our Bordetella policy.
- Live web cams that let you monitor your pup from your computer or mobile device
A Paw above the Rest
Your dog is your family – at Camp Bow Wow Delaware North, we understand that. As dog lovers ourselves, we take your pup’s care very seriously. That’s why we think of ourselves as so much more than just a dog boarding service. We are here to provide love and support for your furry family member while you are away—filling that gap as best we can until your return.
Our Enrichment Model
Dogs need physical, mental and emotional stimulation in order to live a happy and healthy life. While your pup is at Camp, they’ll experience all-day play that emphasizes enrichment. Daily sensory stimulation during group play improves the physical and mental well-being of Campers by:
- Stimulating natural instincts
- Providing a mental workout in addition to physical exercise
- Creating a well-rounded experience
Playtime Plus - Personalized Care for Your Pup
We know dogs. And we know some dogs thrive in a more intimate play setting, with more personalized TLC and more rest time in between play. Our Playtime Plus boarding is perfect for all pups, but especially pups who may need a little more. Your Camper will enjoy spending the day with a maximum of 8 dogs in a play group, which means personalized focus from Camp Counselors and plenty of time to rest and recharge between play. Space is limited for this service – book your spot in advance and treat your pup to a stay designed just for them. Learn more about how Playtime Plus compares to our All-Day Play day care!
Trust our dog boarding services for your next getaway! Make a Reservation
We’ll do everything we can to ensure your dog is happy and healthy during Overnight Camp and you can feel confident knowing your dog will be well-cared for during their stay in our safe and secure environment.
Each Camper is required to
- Pass a (free) socialization interview and spend at least one more 1/2 day before an overnight stay.
- Be spayed or neutered if over 6 months old.
Be current on rabies, distemper and bordetella vaccinations. If the bordetella
vaccination has never been given or has expired a waiting period is needed
so dogs can build immunity before coming to Camp. The waiting periods are:
- one-week period after receiving the injectable or oral vaccination
- 48-hours is required after receiving the intranasal vaccination
We STRONGLY recommend the Canine Influenza Vaccine and
require it for Campers coming to our Camp from over 50 miles away.
- Canine Influenza is serious and can make dogs very ill.
- Please consult with your vet or visit the American Veterinary Medical Association CIV FAQ site. The vaccine is offered for $30/dose at our monthly vaccine clinics.
- Be on a monthly flea and tick medication. Oral or topical types are preferred; flea/tick collars are not allowed at Camp because they cannot be removed quickly in case of emergency. If you use a flea/tick collar it will be kept with your dog's leash while the dog is at Camp.
- Come into camp wearing a Quick Release collar (pinch to open) and a name tag. We sell quick release collars and name tags at low prices for owner convenience.
- New dogs coming to our Camp must be owned at least 10 days by the person bringing them to Camp. We want the best for each dog. Dogs must feel loved and settled into their new homes. Transitions are very disruptive for dogs and we don’t want Camp to be overwhelming. We offer in-home pet care and dog walking to help you care for your new dog until they may come to Camp.
- We strongly suggest the interview day and another 1/2 day prior to boarding. These two days REALLY help dogs become comfortable at Camp. We want every Camper to enjoy their stay with us and these two adjustment times help tremendously. Owners may use one of the discounted days in the warm-up package or ask for 20% off the price of a single day or half day for the additional day.
- The 2-night holiday minimum applies on: Friday and Saturday nights prior to Easter, July 2-5, the day preceding Thanksgiving Day through the Saturday morning after and 12/23-26. We have in-home care services available on these dates for those not needing two nights. Due to COVID-19, we will be taking single night reservations for Memorial Day weekend in 2020.
Vaccine clinics are held on Thursday's near the first of each month. See newsletters for exact dates. Please fill out this form when you drop off your pup that morning if you’d like your pup to get a booster from a Loving Touch Animal Hospital veterinarian.