Delaware North Dog Training
Enriching Lives Using Reward-Based Teaching Methods
Camp Bow Wow Delaware North dog training services are specially designed to enrich your pup. Our premier dog training services offer flexible programs for every dog. The training methods we use are designed using only reward-based techniques to ensure your pup has the most fun learning experience. Our programs are exciting, effective, and enrich canines of all ages and behavior levels.
One of our Camp Bow Wow Certified Trainers will work to design a program that meets your needs and your schedule. Contact Camp Bow Wow at (302) 738-2267 to schedule a session!
Regardless of their age or behavior level, your dog’s health and happiness can be improved through enrichment activities. We provide numerous fun and engaging enrichment training programs that boast numerous benefits.
- Maintain your dog’s sharp mind and skills
- Build a stronger bond between your dog and your family
- Channel energy into appropriate tasks
- Improve behavior in public spaces
Owners of adult dogs trained at Camp Bow Wow must provide proof of current vaccinations:
Bordetella vaccinations. If the bordetella vaccination has never been given
or has expired a saiting period is needed so dogs can build immunity before
coming to Camp. The waiting periods are:
- one-week period after receiving the injectable or oral vaccination
- 48-hours is required after receiving the intranasal vaccination
- We strongly recommend Campers get bordetella boosters every 6 months no matter what type of administration their vet uses. This gives Campers added immunity and has been shown to reduce symptom severity if exposed. Staff dogs that come to Camp are required to follow this 6 month booster policy.
Our dog training obedience classes are split into levels to help you and your dog learn at a progressive pace. Our classes will help you create the well-behaved dog you have always dreamed about using only reward-based training methods.
Group class fees are due at time of registration.
We will refund 75% if owner cancels at least 5 days before the class is to begin.
Since it is hard to fill spots that become open close to class start dates,
we cannot offer refunds within 5 days of a class start date.
Level I – Basic Puppy or Basic Adult
Builds the foundation of reliable commands like sit, down, leave it, come when called, and leash walking.
Level II – Advanced Dog Obedience Training
Learn how to get your dog to heel by your side, go to their mat, and add distance plus distractions to all their behaviors.
Level III – Public Polishing CGC
This level teaches your dog to sit when you greet a stranger, heel in a crowd, and more. They will now be prepared for the Canine Good Citizen (CGC) exam.
Tricks are Fun
Our tricks class is great for teaching your dog some fun stuff you can show off to your friends, and your dog will love it, too! Teach them to spin and twirl, crawl, bow, shake and more. This is also a great class for kids to interact with their pup in a fun way.
AGILITY AND TRICKS FUN - Our training staff offers three 10-minute Agility and Tricks sessions mid-day, Monday – Friday.
- All days except Jump circuit days include two types of Agility fun. We have Four types of jumps, Weave poles, Tunnel, Pause Table and a seesaw. Calendars for tricks are posted on website (link below), in newsletters and in the lobby.
- Owners may also choose to have the trainers work on any trick! These may include: Roll over, Leave It, Spin, Shake, Crawl, Back-up, Bow and more!
- Owners may select 1 to 3 activities. 10 min./activity.
- $10 per 10-min. or Package of 10 10-min. sessions for $90.*
- $30 per 30-min. session or Package of Five 30-min. sessions for $120.*
- Pricing does not include daycare or boarding. For Play and Trains and Agility and Tricks, Campers must be at Camp mid-day (10 am to 2pm) to participate. Dogs cannot be dropped off just for these activities.
PLAY & TRAIN AT CAMP
Let our Certified Dog Trainers work with your dog on the things you specify while they are at Camp. Our trainers will spend 30-minutes of one-on-one time with your Camper mid-day on weekdays and send you emails after each session! All you need to do is fill out the Play and Train Check In sheet and let us know you are planning on requesting this service. You may talk with a trainer to get started if you like. $30 per 30-min. session or Package of Five 30-min. sessions for $120*.
PRIVATE DOG TRAINING - Trainer works with owner & dog individually
Our Certified Dog Trainers will work one-on-one with you and your dog. Masks are required. These sessions can be done in your home/neighborhood or at Camp*. Like Play and Trains, owners set the priorities for these sessions. We can train your dog for you or coach you as you work with your dog. Pricing for these sessions is shown below. Please use the Make a Reservation button below to request a consultation.
Private Training sessions done at Camp are done in our training areas that are away from other dogs. Dogs do not have to be spayed or neutered for training, but all dogs at Camp must be current on bordetella, distemper and rabies vaccinations. Dogs that are have not had an interview would have to be taken home when the training session ends.
Appointments are required for private dog training. Please let us know in advance if you must reschedule an appointment. If an appointment is not cancelled by noon on the preceding day, a $50 deposit will be needed for the next reservation. The deposit will be applied to the service if the service is done and not rescheduled a second time. If the service is not done on the rescheduled date/time, the deposit will be forfeited.
Fun time for Puppies < 6 months old. All must have bordetella and age appropriate vaccinations.
To comply with social distancing recommendations, preregistration is required for the socials and only one person may come with the puppy..
Sessions are supervised by our training team. $10/session.
Please call Camp (302.738.2267) for updated Puppy Social times.
Call us today (302-738-2267) to talk to our Certified Dog Trainer and see how we can best help you with your training needs.
Who’s a good dog? Yours can be! Make a Reservation