Albany Employment Opportunities
Happy Healthy Pets…Happy Healthy People! Whether you are working part-time or full-time, job satisfaction comes down to doing what you love and collaborating with caring people working toward a common mission. Camp Bow Wow® is a nationally recognized premier pet care service providing a fun, safe and upscale environment for dogs to play, romp and receive lots of love and attention. Camp Bow Wow Albany seeks exceptional people to provide loving care for animals and a superior customer service for our pet parents.
Work as a Camp Counselor
The primary role of a Camp Counselor is to provide safety while supervising playgroups of up to 25 energetic dogs in an open play environment. Counselors must be attentive, focused, and quick to evaluate dog behavior in order to prevent altercations from occurring in the group. Camp Counselors don’t play with dogs…they provide a safe environment for dogs to play with dogs.
Shouldn’t every job be demanding and offer a sense of accomplishment? The Camp Counselor position is physically demanding and full of daily challenges and victories. In addition to providing safe play environments, Camp Counselors are also responsible for feeding, administering medications, cleaning play yards & cabins, and giving baths.
Everyone working at the Camp is expected to contribute in providing a superior customer service experience. Camp Counselors who naturally excel in customer service may find themselves in a front office role but even passing through the lobby on your way in or out of Camp offers opportunity to interact with a pet parent and their pup. Eye contact and a friendly smile create positive connections. If you find yourself saying, “I love dogs more than people”, this is not the best fit for you.
Who typically thrives in the Camp Counselor role?
- Those who demonstrate no fear across all breeds and sizes may be a terrific fit in the Camp Counselor role. Managing a large pack of dogs can be intimidating at first, but understand that we offer training and time necessary for you to build your skills and confidence. All dogs must pass an initial assessment to minimize the risk of an incident in the play yards.
- People who are physically fit and have a competitive nature are a strong fit for the Camp Counselor role. Camp Counselors are on their feet and moving around the yard interacting with the dogs throughout their shift. Some liken the experience to an athletic event and the ability to keep the yard incident free as victory! You must focus and remain engaged for long periods of time.
- College students who need shorter work shifts and flexible hours are often good candidates for the role. Our typical shifts at Camp are 6:15AM-11:30AM, 11:30AM-3:30PM, and 3:30PM-7:30PM. Some of our best employees (and former employees) are/were students completing degrees at Siena, SUNY Albany, The College of Saint Rose, Hudson Valley Community College, and Schenectady County Community College.
- People looking to build their skills while they try to find a new direction for their professional career can be a great fit for the Camp Counselor role. We recognize that some people need time and “space” to figure things out. All we ask is that you commit to Camp Bow Wow for a minimum of 9 months so that the business and your co-workers receive a return on the financial investment required to train new employees. If you cannot fulfill a 9 full month obligation, please do not seek employment at Camp Bow Wow.
Summary of Requirements:
- Must love dogs and demonstrate no fear across all breeds and sizes.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable with both pets and people.
- Have a great attitude, are extremely detailed oriented, trustworthy, punctual, and responsible.
- Available to work weekends and holidays. We work when others are enjoying vacation and holidays.
- Be physically able to lift 40+ pounds.
- Have a reliable personal vehicle.
- Must pass background/criminal check.
- Will commit to a minimum of 9 months, not just temporary or seasonal work.
$9 - $11/hour based on experience.
You are applying to work for a franchisee of Camp Bow Wow®, not Camp Bow Wow Franchising, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, or related companies. Any information that you submit will be provided solely to the franchisee. If you are hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees.