Creating Healthy, Happy Dog-to-Parent Relationships Using Reward-Based Methods
Camp Bow Wow Albany's dog training services are designed to forge a healthy bond between you and your pup. Our premier dog training services offer variety, flexibility, and can cater to your dog’s specific needs. Our goal is to help you and your pup establish clear communication and enjoy working together. We believe training is a life-long process and should be both fun and challenging.
The training we offer is based on scientifically proven methodology and aligns with the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), the American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA®), the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT), the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC), and other established animal welfare organizations.
One of our Camp Bow Wow Certified Trainers will work to design a program that meets your needs and your schedule. Contact Camp Bow Wow at (518) 391-2777 to schedule a session!
Training Program & Services
Regardless of age or experience, all dogs can benefit from learning. Whether your pup is starting out with the basics, you want to brush up on previously learned skills, or you’re ready to up the challenge with your pup, our training services can accommodate your needs.
Training Your Dog Helps:
- Build a stronger bond between your dog and your family
- Channel energy into appropriate tasks and behavior
- Create consistent communication between you and your dog
- Maintain a sharp mind and problem-solving ability
- Improve behavior in new environments
Camp Bow Wow’s group classes include a variety of programs for all skill levels. Our obedience program is split into multiple levels, so pups start with the basics and increase the difficulty through each level as you and your dog progress. Other group classes include tricks, leash-walking skills, and more!
The three levels of group classes are:
- Level I—Basic: Builds the foundation of reliable commands like sit, down, leave it, come when called, and leash walking.
- Level II—Intermediate: Learn how to get your dog to heel by your side, go to their mat, and add distance plus distractions to all their behaviors.
- Level III—Canine Good Citizen™ (CGC) Program Preparation and Exam: A two-part course designed to help you and your dog be the best you can be–together. Since 1989, over 1 million dogs and their owners have participated in CGC, mastering ten basic skills that instill confidence and good manners in and out of your home. Click Here to view Canine Good Citizen Test Requirements.
In-Camp & Private Training
Camp Bow Wow Albany offers several options for pet parents who prefer their pup receives private training. Our Certified Trainers can work with your dog while they attend Camp, spending one-on-one time with them teaching behaviors you would like to work on. We can also provide training services for you and your dog in a private setting, based on your needs.
uary 2024 Schedule
Level 1 Puppy
- Monday, February 19 5:30-6:30pm
- Tuesday, February 20 4:30-5:30pm
- Saturday, March 2 3:00-4:00pm
Level 2 Puppy
- Tuesday, February 20 6:45-7:45pm
- Wednesday, February 21 4:30-5:30pm
- Saturday, March 2 5:15-6:15pm
Adult Level 1
- Tuesday, February 6 5:45-6:45pm
- Wednesday, February 7 5:30-6:30pm
- Saturday, February 10 4:15-5:15pm
- Monday, February 19 4:30-5:30pm
Adult Level 2
- Wednesday, February 14 6:45-7:45pm
CONFIDENT CANINE: Impulse Control
- Monday, February 19 6:45-7:45pm
Play and Trains
Every Tuesday and Thursday between 2:00-4:00pm.
Private Training and Virtual Coaching
Scheduled for mutually agreeable days/time between Certified Trainer and Pet Parent.
Who's a good dog?
Yours can be! Make a Reservation