Work at Camp
Do you love animals? Have you always wanted to work with them? Join the Camp Bow Wow® Oak Park team!
If you’re interested in working at Camp, simply download and complete this application and bring it to Oak Park Camp! Please feel free to email us your Camp Bow Wow Employee Application along with a copy of your most currant resume and cover letter!
- Evaluate dog behavior, reactions, and interactions with other dogs to complete the initial dog screen evaluations, also called “Interviews.”
- Feed dogs and administer medications as directed.
- Monitor play yards for dogs of all sizes.
- Maintain continuous focus and attention on dog interactions to prevent fights and injuries.
- Observe and learn animal behavior and signs of aggression in order to appropriately assign dogs to the proper play yards, which will require listening and distinguishing between dog vocalizations, distress barks, aggression, etc.
- Perform dog health checks throughout the day.
- Clean play yards, cabins and all common spaces: mopping, sweeping, and scrubbing.
- Perform dog washes, brush, and other basic dog groom tasks.
- General clean and restock supplies, taking out the trash and basic kennel maintenance.
- Attend additional train as management deems necessary.
- Stand, walk and crouch to lead dogs to and from play yards using leash or collar.
- Ability to stand and supervise dogs in the play yards for most of work shift.
- Lift, move and put away dog supplies and inventory, including large dog food bags. Climb stairs and/or us a small ladder or stool.
- Maintain balance when dogs jump or run nearby, walk on wet floors, and move through dogs crowding at the gate during exit or entrance.