Hoboken Employment Opportunities
Work at Camp
Do you love animals? Have you always wanted to work with them? Join the Camp Bow Wow® Hoboken team! If you’re interested in working at Camp Bow Wow Hoboken, please complete an application and email it to Ken Myers at Ken.Myers@campbowwow.com.
We are staffing for Camp Counselors and Groomers. See below for job descriptions summaries:
Fulfill a variety of tasks with dogs and customers at the Front of House as well as other operations with dogs in the Back of House (Play Yards, Cabins, Prep Area, etc.). Always ensure the safety and security of Dogs, customers, associates and other visitors. Ensures the proper care of all Dogs.
- Conduct facility open / close tasks; greeting pet parents/dogs; check dogs in/ out of camp; answer pet parent questions
- Perform data entry and data file maintenance; place phone calls, complete paper filing/digitize paper; schedule and confirm appointments and reservations.
- Provide excellent customer service; be active and attentive to dogs and pet parents at all times
- Maintain a clean environment; clean lobby, area in front of Camp and other connected areas
- Clean cabins, prep area, break room and other Camp areas; lift heavy items
- Assists with animal care and play yard monitoring
- Assist with new camper interviews
- Constantly walk and interact with dogs and team members.
- Run dogs between back-of-house and front-of-house; prepare dog meals, dispense meds; accurately maintain food-med logs
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience with dogs a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Be able to lift dog food and supplies.
- Constantly walk and/or stand entire shift.
- Extremely energetic, outgoing, upbeat, positive personality
- Work at a fast pace, in a team environment, and have exceptional customer service skills!
- MUST LOVE DOGS - the noise, the hair, the messes, the love, and the smiles!!!!!!!!
- Availability - Hourly position. Must be able to work flexible schedule - Camps are open 7 days/week, 7am-7pm; weekends and holidays are required but time off is permitted with advance notice.
We are looking for experienced Groomers to join our Camp Bow Wow Hoboken team. Our ideal candidate is an animal lover who has some prior training and experience. You must be comfortable various breeds and sizes. Candidates must have trimming and shearing skills necessary to fulfill client expectations. As a Groomer, you should have a passion for helping our animal friends look their best.
Groomer Duties and Responsibilities
- Will have at least 5+ years of grooming experience
- Hand shearing and scissoring skills: skilled in clipping dogs to conform to a variety of breed-specific standard styles / trim or shear animal coats according to owner specifications
- Must be comfortable with all dog breeds and sizes
- Has ability to stand, bend, move and lift for extended periods of time.
- Experienced in expressing glands
- Willing to accommodate special requests from the owner and
- Will inform owners of any health problems discovered during the grooming process.
- Is available to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends.
- Must be proactive in seeking new clients.
- Must have tools to provide quality groom.
- Strong communication skills to communicate with peers, clients and ownership
- Patience and self-motivation
- Team player, hard-working and customer focused
- Interpersonal skills: work well with others - dog owners, business owner and staff
- Physical and mental stamina: ability to groom large, overly excited, or frightened dogs without getting hurt or injuring the dog
- Familiarity with animal behavior: determine an animal's behavior and have proven techniques to keep dogs calm and safe
- Health knowledge: the ability to recognize common illnesses, such as skin disorders or watery eyes and nose, possibly due to allergies, or a sprain
Professional grooming school or certification program highly preferred. Customer referrals or testimonials a plus!