Ways to Spoil your Dog!
Here at Camp Bow Wow we love dogs, of course! More than anything, we love to spoil our dogs and wanted to share a list of activities to do and places to go to show your pup how much they mean to you in a way that’s fun for you both!
Host a play date:
- Invite your pup’s best buds over for a paw-ty! Check out this post here for the ultimate guide on hosting a pup paw-ty
- Bake delicious, homemade treats for your guests. These recipes are pup approved favorites
- Put together a goodie bag with a stuffed toy, snazzy bandanna, and treats
- Set up a selfie station for your pups and human guests. But first, make sure you and your pup practice getting a picture perfect selfie with these tips
Make Pupsicles for your pup to finish out the hot summer months:
- Create healthy, delicious treats that can keep your dog busy
- Use baby food, applesauce, or chicken/beef broth for a base
- Customize the flavors for your pup’s preference and health
- Include add-ins like pieces of carrots, apples, banana, or even small treats
Teaching a fun new trick is a great way to spoil your pup by forging your bond and giving your pup the opportunity to earn their favorite treats!
- Check out your local Camp’s dog training schedule
- Plus, it's a great thing to work on at home when the weather turns sour
- It’s a rewarding activity that wears out your pup and gives you a new trick to show off
Create a backyard oasis for your pup!
- Fill up a kiddie pool and throw tennis balls or Frisbees in the water
- Make a splash park with sprinklers
- Put up a shade sail or umbrella for a reprieve from the sun
- Bring out one of your homemade pupsicles to help your pup cool off
- No matter if your dog is a natural swimmer, it's important to take water safety seriously. Here's our list of top water safety tips
Take your pup on an exciting adventure to visit a dog-friendly establishment:
- Take them shopping at your local pet supply store to pick out their own toy
- Visit a restaurant, brewery, or café that allows pups to join the fun and ask for the pup approved menu
- Go to a movie, baseball game, or an end of summer pool party for a dog day or bark at the park!
- Check out other dog-friendly opportunities near you at BringFido.com
And finally, bring your pup to your local Camp Bow Wow to meet new friends, exercise, or have a spa day! We’d love to see them and spoil them in our own way.