Avondale PA Dog Day Care
Seize the Play® at Camp!
Is your dog getting the exercise and socialization they need? Treat your dog to a fun and active day at Camp and bring home a happy and pooped pooch! Camp Bow Wow® doggy day care services are designed to improve your pup’s quality of life in a safe, fun, and nurturing environment. We provide both dog and human interaction that benefits mental stimulation and socialization. Our spacious play areas allow for maximum fun and the chance for your four-legged family member to burn off some of that pent-up energy.
Care You Can Count On
A happy, healthy, and safe dog is our top priority at Camp Bow Wow. You can be confident knowing your dog will be well-cared for while they run, jump, and romp around in our play yards.
Some of the safety standards we adhere to include:
- Certified Camp Counselors® who are extensively trained in dog behavior, pet CPR, and pet first aid
- Assurance that all our Campers have passed the Camper Interview, are spayed or neutered, and are current on vaccinations. Learn about our Bordetella policy
- Live web cams that allow you to check in on your pup on your computer or mobile device
Camp Bow Wow Avondale PA Benefits
It’s true: dogs love Camp. This is evidenced by the fact that so many of our Campers get excited at the mention of C-A-M-P. They pull pet parents right up to our door and can’t wait to join the fun. We can give you peace of mind knowing your dog isn’t cooped up at home along with many other benefits our day care services have to offer.
- Provides regular exercise to maintain a healthy weight
- Relieves boredom, separation anxiety, and destructive behavior at home
- Improves socialization with dogs and people
- Increases overall happiness
Reservations Are Preferred But Not Required
SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
We’ll do everything we can to ensure your dog is happy and healthy at Camp and you can feel confident knowing your dog will be well-cared for while they play all day in our safe and secure environment.
Each Camper is required to:
- Pass a socialization interview,
- Be spayed or neutered if over 7 months old, and
Be current on rabies, distemper and bordetella vaccinations. If the bordetella
vaccination has never been given or has expired a waiting period is needed
so dogs can build immunity before coming to Camp. The waiting periods are:
- - one-week period after receiving the injectable or oral vaccination
- - 48-hours is required after receiving the intranasal vaccination
- Must provide a copy of the actual rabies certificate
- Must provide a copy of the PA dog's license for PA residents
We STRONGLY recommend the Canine Influenza Vaccine and
require it for Campers coming to our Camp from over 50 miles away.
- Canine Influenza is serious and can make dogs very ill.
- Please consult with your vet or visit the American Veterinary Medical Association CIV FAQ site.
- Be on a monthly flea and tick medication. Since flea/tick collars cannot be removed quickly in case of emergency, they are not allowed to be worn at Camp. If you use a flea/tick collar it will be kept with your dog's leash while the dog is at Camp.
- Come into camp wearing wear a Quick Release collar (pinch to open) and a name tag. We sell quick release collars and name tags at low prices for owner convenience.
- New dogs coming to our Camp must be owned at least 14 days by the person bringing them to Camp. We want the best for each dog. Dogs must feel loved and settled into their new homes. Transitions are very disruptive for dogs and we don’t want Camp to be overwhelming.
- If arrangements are made for someone other than the Pet Owner for day camp pick up, payment in advance of day camp is required.
*Pennsylvania State Law requires that all dogs have a current license and rabies vaccination. If your dog's license is expired, you may be fined by a state dog warden for failure to license your dog. While the lack of a dog license will not prohibit you from attending day care or boarding your dog at this facility, please be aware that dog wardens routinely inspect boarding kennels in the state of Pennsylvania.
Note: If your dog is attending day care or boarded on a day in which a random inspection is conducted, this kennel is not responsible for any ensuing citation or fine imposed for failure to obtain a dog PA license as required by PA state law.
- We offer Day Camping all days except for 7 major holidays. Major holidays are: New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Due to the number of overnight Campers near major holidays, we are no longer
able to offer 1/2-day day care on:
Good Friday - Easter Sunday
The day before Thanksgiving through the following Sunday
Christmas Eve through the day after Christmas
We will close at 6pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.