Here’s a sweet treat from the clever folks at Modern Dog Magazine!
Sweet Potato Chews
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Scrub the sweet potato (or Yam), no need to peel
- Cut the potato into thin slices (the thinner the slice the shorter the cooking time)
- Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer
- Bake at 250 degrees for 3 hours for slightly chewy treats or longer for a crunchy treat
A tip from Modern Dog Magazine: Sweet potatoes are a source of a dietary fiber and contain vitamin B6, vitamin C, beta carotene, and manganese. Most dogs love the chewy sweetness of a delicious dehydrated sweet potato treat.