CAMP BOW WOW® GIVE A FETCH SOCIAL MEDIA (“SWEEPSTAKES”)
THESE OFFICIAL RULES (“RULES”) ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN YOU (“YOU” OR “PARTICIPANT”) AND SPONSOR (AS DEFINED BELOW) AND GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ONLY INDIVIDUALS WHO CAN FORM LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW MAY ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES. YOUR ENTRY INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE DEEMED A REPRESENTATION THAT YOU HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE UPON ENTRY INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Camp Bow Wow Franchising, Inc., 7577 W. 103rd Ave. Unit 209, Westminster, CO 80021 (“Sponsor”)
SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes Period begins at 12:01 AM MDT on Sunday, September 22, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM MDT on Thursday, October 31, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The computer and website of Sponsor is the official time and record keeping device of the Sweepstakes. The winner will be announced no later than Thursday, November 7, 2019.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of the date of entry. Any pets depicted in any entry must be alive as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents of the Sponsor or its franchisees, or other parties involved in any aspect with the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Sweepstakes and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling or spouse of any of the foregoing) and household members of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. No groups, clubs or organizations may participate in this Sweepstakes or submit entries on behalf of a group, club or organization. Limit one (1) Grand Prize. Participants must own or be the legal guardian of each pet that Participant submits as part of an entry. Previous Camp Bow Wow® Grand Prize Winners and any person domiciled in their households are not eligible for the Grand Prize.
HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Sweepstakes in the following ways:
- Participant may enter the Sweepstakes on Facebook at www.facebook.com. Participant must post an original photo or video demonstrating a unique way in which participant cares for their dog. Each submission must comply with the restrictions set forth in Sections 4 and 5 and must contain the hashtag #GiveAFetch and tag @campbowwow. Furthermore, participants must follow Sponsor on Facebook at www.facebook.com/campbowwow. If you do not already have a Facebook account, you may create one for free at www.facebook.com.
- Participant may enter the Sweepstakes on Twitter at www.twitter.com. Participant must post an original photo or video demonstrating a unique way in which participant cares for their dog. Each submission must comply with the restrictions set forth in Sections 4 and 5 and must contain the hashtag #GiveAFetch and tag @campbowwow. Furthermore, participants must follow Sponsor on Twitter at www.twitter.com/campbowwow. If you do not already have a Twitter account, you may create one for free at www.twitter.com.
- Participant may enter the Sweepstakes on Instagram at www.instagram.com. Participant must post an original photo or video demonstrating a unique way in which participant cares for their dog. Each submission must comply with the restrictions set forth in Sections 4 and 5 and must contain the hashtag #GiveAFetch and tag @campbowwow. Furthermore, participants must follow Sponsor on Instagram at www.instagram.com/campbowwow. If you do not already have an Instagram account, you may create one for free at www.instagram.com.
No participation necessary to win. To request entry without participating, mail a legible, written request to enter to Camp Bow Wow Franchising, Inc. Attn: Marketing Entry at 7577 W. 103rd Avenue Suite 209, Westminster, Colorado 80021 no later than October 31, 2019.
This SWEEPSTAKES is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with FacebooK, TWITTER or INSTAGRAM. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You agree to release Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from any and all liability related to this Sweepstakes.
- PHOTO SPECIFICATIONS: All photo submissions should be in a JPEG file format with a minimum of 1 megabytes and maximum 5 megabytes with a minimum dimension of 1800 pixels x 1600 pixels at 300 dpi. The photo that you upload must be your sole creative work and must not incorporate ideas or work of any other person or material that would require the consent of a third party in any jurisdiction or under any applicable law. Without limitation, the photo must not infringe or violate any trademark, copyright, publicity right, privacy or any other right of any other person or entity, under any applicable law. By submitting an entry, you represent and warrant to Sponsor that the entry and everything depicted in the photo is wholly original and does not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any person, entity, or any law, rule or regulation. Violation or breach of these representations, warranties or conditions may void your entry in Sponsor’s sole discretion and subject you to penalties and damages under applicable law. By entering the Sweepstakes and subject to Section 13, you agree that Sponsor may post your entry photo or your photo, image, likeness, copy, or any part thereof, in its retail stores or any other promotional or media outlets, including but not limited to, the World Wide Web. Sponsor does not guarantee the posting of any photo or information. Subject to Section 13, you understand that your name and biographical data (as provided on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, subject to your privacy settings) may also be posted on social media by Sponsor, in its retail stores or any other promotional or media outlets in connection with the Sweepstakes and used by Sponsor or any of its affiliates for the purpose of demographic studies, marketing research, third party vendor product and service development, contact information and promotions. By providing your personal information, you agree that we have the right to collect, use and disclose this information as described above and for any other lawful purpose, including any other purpose for which you have consented.
- Photo/VIDEO Restrictions: No photograph or video entry may contain, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- Is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its franchisees, or its products or services or other people, products or companies;
- Contains trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or phraseology) owned by any entity;
- Contains copyrighted materials owned by any entity (including photographs and other works of art or images);
- Contains any personal identification, such as images of individuals, personal names, street or email addresses, or phone numbers other than Sponsor;
- Violates or encourages the violation of any law, rule or regulation;
- Contains materials embodying the names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- Promotes any particular political party, agenda or message;
- Depicts animal cruelty; and/or
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
Subject only to rights in your personal data, all entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. You will take all further acts necessary to effectuate the intent of these Rules, including, without limitation, executing and delivering to Sponsor, all such agreements, contracts and any other documents to confirm Sponsor’s ownership of the entries.
- PHOTOGRAPH/VIDEO RELEASE AND CONSENT: Participant hereby grants to Camp Bow Wow Franchising, Inc., the right to take and use photographs of participant and participant’s dog(s) for use in connection with corporate advertising and marketing promotions. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, participant consents, licenses and releases to Camp Bow Wow®, its licensees, assigns and heirs, the non-exclusive irrevocable right and license to use, edit, reproduce, publish and otherwise exploit participant’s photographs, name, likeness, picture and voice from participant’s video and/or written testimonial, if applicable, in connection with any advertising or marketing promotion thereof, any other exploitation of the photographs, testimonial or rights derived from such, throughout the world in perpetuity in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
Participant represents that they either own all right, title and interest, including without limitation, copyrights, in any photographs if applicable, or possess all rights necessary to grant the rights granted herein without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to any third party.
Participant hereby releases Camp Bow Wow®, its licensees, assigns and heirs, from any and all claims and liability in connection with the use of participant’s photographs, name, likeness, picture and voice from participant’s video and/or written testimonial, if applicable, and the exercise of any and all other rights granted herein. Participant agrees that neither they, nor any person on their behalf, will assert or maintain a claim against Camp Bow Wow®, its licensees, assigns or heirs, including, without limitation, any publisher and/or media company through which the photographs are used in advertising and otherwise promoted, any claim, action, suit or demand of any kind or nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those grounded upon invasion of the right of privacy or publicity or any other civil rights, defamation, libel or slander or for any other reason in connection with the exercise or rights granted herein.
Participant acknowledge that Camp Bow Wow® will rely upon this Consent and Release at its own cost, and Camp Bow Wow® shall have no further obligation, financial or otherwise, to participant, and Camp Bow Wow® is not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted herein.
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, participant consents to receive marketing communications from Camp Bow Wow® using the contact information provided. Participant may opt out at any time.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible participants.
- GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from the list of eligible entries and will receive one (1) year of complimentary Camp Bow Wow® boarding, daycare, training and grooming services, not to exceed USD $250.00 per month, expiring on October 31, 2020. The Grand Prize has no cash value and does not include any retail items offered for sale at any Camp Bow Wow® locations. Upon redemption of the Grand Prize at a Camp Bow Wow® location of participant’s choice, all requirements of attendance at Camp Bow Wow® must be satisfied, including without limitation, required vaccinations and spay and neutering requirements. Grand Prize Winner must complete a “Camper Application” and execute any required waivers of liability. Grand Prize Winner’s dog must pass the interview process in order to utilize the Grand Prize. Reservations may be required to redeem the Grand Prize and space is not guaranteed. If Grand Prize Winner’s dog fails to meet any of the Camp Bow Wow® conditions of participation, or if Grand Prize Winner’s dog is deemed to be not suitable for Camp Bow Wow® services, the Grand Prize shall be forfeited and may not be transferred to a third party.
If the Grand Prize Winner is a resident of Canada, in order to win and receive the Grand Prize he/she must also first correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by telephone.
10. GENERAL: No cash substitutions will be provided for any prize. No transfer of any prize to a third party is permitted. The value of the Grand Prize may be reported solely for tax purposes. Camp Bow Wow Franchising, Inc. will cover taxes for an amount not to exceed nine hundred dollars ($900.00). The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for reporting and paying any additional taxes related to the Grand Prize and paying any and all expenses associated with the Grand Prize which are not specifically provided for in the Sweepstakes Rules. The Grand Prize Winner must provide Camp Bow Wow Franchising, Inc. with valid identification, a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number, as well as a completed W-9 form prior to the Grand Prize being awarded. Any individual who wins over six hundred dollars ($600.00) in prizes from Camp Bow Wow Franchising, Inc. will receive IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, which will be filed with the IRS. All Registered Trademarks and logos used in conjunction with this Sweepstakes are the intellectual property of their respective owners and are used by permission.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor for technical problems or technical malfunctions arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes; hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers or hosts; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Sweepstakes in whole or in part for any reason; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, viruses, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of any account used in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Rules, or any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or use of or download of any information from the Internet. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties and conditions; check your local laws for any restrictions regarding these limitations or restrictions. ALL WINNERS, ON BEHALF OF THEMSELVES, THEIR EXECUTORS, HEIRS AND ASSIGNS, BY ACCEPTANCE OF A PRIZE, AGREE TO RELEASE SPONSOR, AND ITS ADMINISTRATORS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES, DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRIZE, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN OR TRAVELING TO AND/OR FROM ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR OTHERWISE.
- MODIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, postpone, delay, suspend and/or terminate this Sweepstakes in whole or in part in the event that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or as intended by these Rules by reason of any of the technical or other disabling causes or other causes that, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, impair, corrupt or interrupt the administration, fairness, security or integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation hurricane, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, war, terrorist threat or activity or insurrection. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion: (a) postpone and/or reschedule and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes in its entirety. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor shall award the prizes (or a prize of substantially similar value), through a process deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor, and Sponsor shall have no further liability to you in connection with the Sweepstakes. In the event Sponsor cancels the Sweepstakes prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor shall award the Grand Prize (or a prize of substantially similar value), through a process deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor, and Sponsor shall have no further liability to any Participant in connection with the Sweepstakes. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Rules.
13. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: All Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions in all aspects of this Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. This Sweepstakes is governed by laws of Colorado and you hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of Denver, CO for resolution of all claims and disputes. Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify a Participant from participating in any aspect of Sweepstakes if Sponsor deems or suspects that such person has engaged in or has attempted to engage in any of the following: (a) acting in violation of these Rules or the terms and conditions of the Site; or (b) damaging, tampering with or corrupting the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (c) acting with intent to annoy, harass or abuse any other person; or (d) use of any automated bot, script or other robotic, mechanical, programmed or automated devices to submit data to the voting site; or (e) repeated attempts to submit multiple entries, as determined by Sponsor; or (f) any unsportsmanlike, inappropriate, uncooperative, disruptive, fraudulent, potentially fraudulent, or unusual behavior or activity; or (g) activity deemed in the sole discretion of Sponsor to be generally inconsistent with the intended operation of the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR CORRUPT THE SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
- CONSENT: Sweepstakes winners must grant to Sponsor and its affiliates, the unconditional and irrevocable right, without any further compensation, consideration, notice, review or consent, to use, exhibit and publish, in any medium now known or hereinafter known at any time throughout the world, the following: Participant’s name, geographic location (city and state/province), image, photo, likeness, voice, biographical information, and statements or captions, and Participant’s pet’s name, type, image, photo, and likeness for advertising, publicity, trade and public relations purposes, to the extent permitted by law. If Participant wishes to restrict Sponsor’s use of such information, Participant may notify Sponsor at the address listed in these Rules.
- WINNERS LIST: Send a written request before October 31, 2020 to: CAMP BOW WOW® Give A Fetch Social Media Sweepstakes Winner, 7577 W. 103rd Ave., Unit 209, Westminster, CO 80021. Vermont residents may omit postage.