Ideas for Random Acts of Kindness Day
February 17th is Random Acts of Kindness Day! Would you like to extend some extra kindness but not quite sure how? We have a list of wonderful ideas below that will leave both you and the recipient of your random act of kindness feeling great.
Short-Term Random Acts of Kindness
- Donate to our nonprofit, Bow Wow Buddies Foundation®, that helps sick and injured pups in need
- All money raised goes to pups in need by providing medical care funds to individuals struggling to cover their veterinary bills for serious ailments and to shelters and organizations that need assistance to cover necessary medical treatments for dogs awaiting adoption. Visit our donation page here to help sick and injured pups in need.
- Donate items off of your local shelter’s wish list or drop off a bag of dog food at a food bank
- While all shelters are always looking for items such as food, cat litter, etc. we highly suggest checking out what your specific shelter is needing to ensure it’s the type of item and/or brand they are looking for.
- Start a fundraiser
- Did you know you can create a birthday fundraiser on Facebook in a few quick clicks? Consider creating a fundraiser to celebrate your day that helps raise money for the Bow Wow Buddies Foundation or one of your local shelters!
- Write a thank you note to your veterinary team (or dog day care team!) or surprise them with snacks
- A simple thank you note always goes a long way to let people know you appreciate them and what they do for you and is guaranteed to put a smile on their face!
- Engage with shelters, rescues, and charities on social media
- Did you know engaging with a post on social media makes it visible to more people? Simply liking or sharing a Facebook post or TikTok about a pet who needs adopting boosts that post’s engagement which increases the chance of that pet finding their future forever home! Share donation requests or other posts you may see from the organizations you follow and encourage others to donate as a quick way to get that organization’s name out in front of more people which can result in more donations!
- Help out a fellow dog parent
- Perhaps you know of a fellow dog parent that is recovering from surgery, caring for a newborn, or stressing about a work deadline. Offer to take their pup on a walk or watching them for the day so they can have a much-needed break!
- Make homemade dog treats for the pups in your life!
- Check out our homemade dog treat recipe here!
- Go on a walk or hike with your pup and clean up any extra doggy “treats” you see along the way
- It’s important to clean up after our dogs to keep the area clean for everyone – no one likes stepping in a surprise!
Long-Term Random Acts of Kindness
- Sign-up to become a foster
- When somebody fosters an animal, it opens up a spot to save another. The more foster families out there, the more animals that are able to be saved!
- Volunteer at your local shelter! Guidelines vary by shelter so make sure to get in contact with them to see what their specific guidelines are.
- Donate your skills
- Do you know how to knit or sew? Or just like being crafty? Put those skills to work by making pet blankets or homemade toys for your local shelter!
We hope this list inspires you to engage in Random Acts of Kindness Day! If you would like to donate to the Bow Wow Buddies Foundation, visit our website at bowwowbuddies.com. If you would like to help out your local shelter, visit their website to see what items they accept as donations and are wishing for, learn how to volunteer and foster, and so much more!