Camp Bow Wow and Home Buddies of San Clemente
Doggy Day & Overnight Camp
So, What's Camp All About, Anyway?
Here’s a little sample of what campers (and you, of course) can expect: in addition to lots of love, attention and exercise, your pups will have tons of fun exploring our large indoor and outdoor play areas. Certified Camp Counselors spend all day watching over each and every camper and you can too with our 24-hour doggy cams. Each camper receives a special Campfire tasty treat each night before being tucked into his/her own cozy cot in a spacious (and most importantly—CLEAN) cabin. Oh, and have we mentioned our camp is climate controlled?
Whether your dog is staying for the day or overnight, tell your pup he is in for some fun! Here is a list of everything your four-legged friends will enjoy while at Camp Bow Wow.
- Climate controlled inside play areas All of our play areas are separated by size and temperament.
- Outdoor play areas Your pups are free to run around outside all day if they like! In our outdoor play areas, they will enjoy our agility equipment and they can even take a dip in our pup pools when the weather is nice.
- Camp counselor supervision Being a dog lover is a requirement for this job, and our camp counselors certainly are! Not only will they make sure everyone is getting along and playing nicely, they give them lots of love and plenty of pooch smooches!
- Camper cams You can keep an eye on your pup and watch him romp around with his friends with our live web cams
If your pup is checking in for an overnight stay, they get all the benefits of daycare plus all of these amenities as well!
- Play all day, snooze the night away Your pup will be looking forward to counting sheep after a fun filled day at camp!
- Private Cabins Each pup gets their own private cabin. Larger cabins are available for siblings who want to bunk together.
- Comfy Cots Your pup will get tucked into a cuddly cot with a fleece blanket to make sure they have sweet puppy dreams.
- Campfire Treat We like to think of these treats as bedtime cookies & milk for dogs. Your pup will get a Kong with a dog cookie inside, covered up with some peanut butter. By the time they are done licking away at this treat they will be in doggie dreamland!
- Comforts of Home When you're done packing your bags, don't forget to pack one for your pup too! All dogs are welcome to bring their favorite toys, treats & blankies to make them feel more at home.
Want to Come to Camp?
You are more than welcome to stop for a tour during any time we are open - no appointment needed. Please don't bring your dogs just yet though! Your pup needs an appointment for their first visit to camp which will be their "Doggie Interview Day".
All pups are required to pass the Doggy Interview before coming for daycare or boarding. No reservations are required for daycare; however you will need one if your pup is planning on staying with us overnight.
The Doggie Interview Day
The interview requires about 20 minutes of your time; however we would like your pup to stay with us for at least three hours. Your pup is welcome to stay for the rest of the day free of charge on the interview day.
Interviews are by appointment only. Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 7:00 through 11am. During the interview we will need to check your dog's vaccination records. You will also need to fill out a Camper Application which you can do ahead of time by printing one from our website. We will not be able to conduct the interview without your pup's vaccination records.
Would you like to save some time the day of your interview? Click on the below link to fill out your camper application before the day of your interview.
In order for your pup to come for the interview, or any visit at camp, they must meet these requirements:
- Must be at least four months old
- Must be spayed or neutered if over six months
- Must be up to date with Rabies & Distemper
- Must be updated with Bordetella within the last six months
- Must be free of any contagious diseases & in overall good health.
- Must pass doggy interview.
- Must be ready to play & have fun!!
In order to comply with Camp Bow Wow Headquarters and for insurance purposes, we regret to inform you that we can not accept any dogs considered to be Pit Bulls.
Some vets update Bordetella vaccinations annually. Camp Bow Wow requires the vaccination to be updated EVERY 6 MONTHS.
Bordetella takes time to produce an immune response in your dog. Because of this, we require a waiting period after receiving the vaccine. You must wait 3 days for the intranasal administration and 7 days for the injectable vaccine before bring your pup to camp.
This requirement has more to do with keeping all the pups on their best behavior. Dogs that are intact smell differently than spayed or neutered dogs. The smell is undetectable to humans but is very obvious to other dogs. It brings out all the competitive instincts of other dogs which can be very dangerous in our open play environment.
Some of our Campers and Friends