Camp Bow Wow is growing, and we're looking for enthusiastic, talented, dog-loving people to join our winning team! Below are our available positions. Here's to Happy Healthy Pets, Happy Healthy People!
Real Estate & Transactional Paralegal
Located in Broomfield, CO
The Real Estate & Transactional Paralegal will report directly to the General Counsel, and will join a current team of one Attorney and one Paralegal. The primary focus of this role will be real estate, but about 40 – 50% of the role will consist of general corporate transactional work as well. This person will play a critical role in assisting the General Counsel with a diverse array of legal matters to ensure the health and compliance of Camp Bow Wow® , and should be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a dog-gone great attitude!
- Preparing and negotiating real estate contracts, including leases, lease addenda, rights of first refusal, leasebacks, and assignments
- Facilitating communication among landlords, franchise owners, and corporate support team members
- Spearheading communications and relations with landlords for corporate-owned locations
- Maintenance and administration of required real estate documents from franchise owners nationwide
- Assisting the Sr. Director of Real Estate with tracking and enforcing development deadlines of franchise owners
- Organizing and maintaining files, both in hard copy and in our online franchisee database
- Conducting legal research as requested
- Coordinating and preparing documents for attorney approval and executive signature
- Communicating and negotiating with franchise owners, lenders, real estate brokers, landlords, vendors and corporate personnel
- Assisting counsel in closing deals, which includes creating files, preparing legal documents for attorney approval by typing, formatting, and proofreading texts, and maintaining an online database
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual Franchise Disclosure Document
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- An eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills
- An understanding of contract law and commercial real estate transactions
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Strong time management and project management kills, with the ability to track multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must have the ability to handle large volumes of work and to work well under pressure
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in paralegal studies from an ABA-approved institution and certification from an ABA-approved paralegal program
- 8+ years of relevant paralegal work experience
- Experience in franchise law preferred
Reports to: General Counsel
Availability: Full time, exempt position. Normal work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. ‐ 5 p.m. at the Corporate Office in Broomfield, CO; attendance at evening and weekend events may be required occasionally. Business travel may be required occasionally.
To apply, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org